Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Tour of the Greenware suburb

This is the greenware shop (in the greenware suburb) that I go to when I need to pick up some porcelain. This is its front door. I thought it was a derelict factory when the translator took us there, and wh en I stepped inside I STILL thought it was a derelict factory, but oh no, its one of the best greenware shops in Jingdezhen.



On the inside you can find rows and rows of handmade porcelain ware, stacked on shelfs.


It was 38 degrees the day I took this photo and the light shard coming through the roof was so hot and crisp, highlighting the teapots so dramatically. Makes them look like suspicious killer teapots.


I like the fact that the brand of this clock is "Money". Time is money... he he... how true!


This is Penny one of our interpreters.


This is the laneway that the greenware shop is on.


A shop that sells larger greenware.


I love taking pictures of doors. This is the door to the clay supplier.


The clay shop. You can see how much less time they spend on merchandising (unlike Urban Cow).


The corner deli where people go to pick up drinks and cigarettes on their work breaks.



Where people live in this town. Mega apartment blocks. China IS the land of SUPERLATIVES.


The main road where we stand to catch taxis from to get back to the Pottery Workshop.






No comments: